It may still be summer but Labor Day is only days away and school has already started so summer will soon be a fleeting memory. Believe it or not Labor Day passing also signals the prime time to start booking a band for Holiday parties. Only by booking early can you be assured to get the band you want and on the date you want.
Here are some tips for booking a live band for your event:
- Book early to get the band you want especially in peak wedding times which can vary according to areas but June, September, and December are busy and most bands are booked 6 months ahead of these months so be flexible for dates you are setting during these months.
- If you don’t book early during Holiday event time then the band itself will make plans for their own personal time and you could lose out on your preferred date even if it doesn't appear to be a prime holiday party time.
- Ask to see a sample contract so you will know details such as when the band will play, when they will take breaks, what they will need for set-up, and other details such as playlists available to choose from.
- You may be able to see the band play if they play in a public setting. If not ask for a demo tape. Many bands have demo tapes or tracks available on their Web sites. By seeing them play either in person or through a demo then you can better choose which band you want for your event.
- If you have a preference for how the band will dress ask what they usually wear and discuss the issue of attire for the event. If they have usual performance attire keep in mind they will play better if they are comfortable and be willing to budge on this one to get a quality band you want for your event.
- Discuss any special needs of the event ahead of time and not the moment of the event. If you want the band to break for toasts or play a special request then that should be discussed before the event so the band can prepare and expect it.
Live bands can add a special touch to an event and are very affordable. If you have a tight budget then discuss it with a band’s booking manager to see if you can afford them for your event. Some bands can cut their band down to fewer members or instruments and still offer a quality performance at a more affordable rate, so don’t count out the ability to afford a live band until you have checked out rates.
The most important thing when it comes to booking a band for your holiday event is to do so early so you can have the band you want on the date you want.
To obtain a quick quote simply go to our Contact Us page.