For anyone based in our area, you’ll be more than aware that there’s a lot to look forward to this summer. Communities are abuzz with people talking of upcoming community events and awesome experiences. In fact, the challenge often isn’t so much making time for an event, it’s about choosing the right one!
At the Caiso Steelband, we want to help you make the most 2018’ summer months ahead. If you want to make the most of the summertime coming up, then we recommend that you:
· Enjoy Memorial Day. When Memorial Weekend kicks into full-swing, you’ll likely hear it before you see it. This becomes a major part of the Tristate area, with everything from the Rolling Thunder event through to the amazing celebrations put on every year to commemorate the amazing work carried out by military personnel and veterans of the forces.
· The 4th July. Another major event on the US calendar is the 4th July fireworks display. These are going to be lighting up the sky, and many of these events are free to go and visit during the summer. If you want to celebrate summer in true style, make sure that you keep the 4th July as free as you can!
· Visit the Smithsonian Folklife Festival. Few events can be quite as fun as the Smithsonian Folklife Festival; a true celebration of the culture, craft and charm of American and Catalan culture in particular. It’s a very fun experience, with all manner of concerts and exhibitions taking place that you should really make the time to come down and see here.
· Enjoy the Seafront. Taking a trip through the DMV via Capitol Riverfront should be high-up on the list of things to do, as well. This is a very fun experience, and one that should give you a nice little tour of the region. This takes you to major landmarks like the Lincoln Memorial, and should be a good way for you to enjoy a trip around DC.
· Visit the Pandas. With the good weather in full swing this summer, why not head on down to the Smithsonian National Zoo and enjoy the sight of some amazing pandas? They are truly amazing creatures. You’ll also see some of the adorable Asian red panda; an animal so cute that you need to see one in person just to believe it!
· See The Washington Nationals. If you are in the DMV area, then you likely fall under the catchment area of popular Major League Baseball side, the Washington Nationals. They play over at Nationals Park, and are well worth going to see if you want to enjoy a scorching sporting event, with some awesome local brews and foods to try out at the venue for good measure.
On the lookout for a good reason to spend the summer in the DMV? Then check out all of the above. These truly special events will help bring you even closer to the community and people that you love!