We love DC. So much history, culture cool things to see and places to visit. On Saturday, May 6th from 10am-4pm Passport DC will kick off a month long international celebration with its signature event, Around the World Embassy tour. Looking for free family fun in DC plan a trip with these Around the World Embassy Tour tips.
This year more than 40 embassies will participate in the world embassy tour. Experience the food, music and art from around the world without leaving the city. Stay up to date with cultural tourism DC events calendar.
What you need to know about Around the World Embassy Tour (info courtesy of cultural tourism DC)
- All embassies are open from 10am to 4pm, unless otherwise noted.
- Admission is free. Reservations are not required.
- Street parking is available but difficult at many embassy locations.
- Many embassies are within walking distance of the Dupont Circle and Van Ness Metrorail stations.
- Many embassies require photo ID for admission.
- Embassies on International Drive are larger and often have shorter lines than those on Embassy Row.
- There is one complimentary shuttle bus, which starts at the Foggy Bottom Metro Station and ends in Georgetown by the Royal Thai Embassy.
- Follow @DCCulture and #PassportDC on Twitter for updates about lines, exciting activities, and other breaking news.
Passport DC offers something for everyone as it invites DC area residents and visitors to experience a global journey without leaving the city. Among the events scheduled for May 2016, Plan a mini vacation:
* European Union Culture Month, May 1-31
* Flower Mart at National Cathedral, May 5 and 6
* Around the World Embassy Tour, May 6
* Short Cut to Europe: European Union Embassies' Open House, May 13
* Embassy Chef Challenge Gala, May 24