What is your fav Star Wars Movie?
Is it the original Star Wars-A New Hope or
Could it be “Empire Strikes Back”.
My personal fav is “Return of the Jedi”.
There are several to choose from and get ready for a new trilogy, Star Wars: The Force awakens being released December 18, 2015 and the saga continues (see vid below).
On 5/25/77, in a galaxy far, far away the world was introduced to the epic scifi motion picture Star Wars. Star Wars film series created by George Lucas became a media franchise generating over $4.38 billion dollars, making it the 5th highest grossing film series in history. Nominated for 25 Academy Awards and winner of 10, the Star Wars brand includes 6 movies, video games, apparel, TV series, novels and comics.
The Star Wars effect on pop culture & technology
- National Star Wars Day officially occurs on May 25, the anniversary of the release of the epic space opera in 1977.
- Phrases like "evil empire" and "May the Force be with you”
- A Hong Kong company recently made an ultra-powerful handheld laser that looks like a lightsaber.
- During election night in 2008, CNN famously — or infamously — presented correspondents and musician will.i.am as "holograms" much like in scenes from "Star Wars," complete with partial translucence and a glowing blue haze around them.
- Even the Death Star is beginning to appear, albeit in far miniaturized form. At a Technology, Entertainment and Design conference in February 2010, Nathan Myhrvold, former chief technology officer for Microsoft, demonstrated a "Death Star" bug-zapper designed to use lasers to shoot down mosquitoes in flight.
John Williams composed scores for all 6 Star Wars films. Williams’ Star Wars musical scores have been credited for reinvigorating grand symphonic style in film scores; he revived a musical style from the opera generation called leitmotif. A leitmotif is a phrase or melodic cell that signifies a character, place, plot element, mood, idea, relationship or other specific part of the film. It commonly is used in modern film scoring as a device for mentally anchoring certain parts of a film to the soundtrack.
See Star Wars: A Force for Change-message from J.J. Abram
Listen to the Star War theme: