Caribbean beach weddings are a dream for many brides and lovers who wish to celebrate their big day in the beautiful exotic islands.
However, destination weddings are way too expensive for both the guests and the couple. For most DIY planners, it is not possible to travel all the way to Caribbean but surely the Caribbean can be brought home. With all the splashes of vibrant colors, exotic culture the Caribbean wedding could be possible anywhere especially since we have access beaches and venues in the DMV.
So in order to pull off a Caribbean themed wedding, the first thing to consider is the vibrant colors. The clear blue waters and the golden, sun-baked beaches are what make the Caribbean culture so distinct.
- Turquoise is one of the most common colors and it is best to wear such shades in Caribbean themed weddings.
- Colorful tropical flowers such as pink or white orchids, orange tiger lily etc could be used alongside floral arrangements to give a more flowery yet beachy Caribbean look to your wedding.
- Seashells and ropes give a nautical touch making your theme closer to the real Caribbean look.
- Traditional black fruit rum cake which is especially served as wedding cakes and also wedding cuisine which includes fish with caribbean salsa, lobster served alongside brightly colored tropical cocktails.
- Serve tropical fruit arrangements decorated with pineapple, guava and mango making your guests taste buds water with the beauties of Caribbean.
Caribbean theme weddings also call for lively entertainment. Entertaining the guests with Caribbean games and music is what will set your wedding apart from other beach weddings and give it an island feel. The distinct music of Caribbean such as conga line, calypso, reggae, soca along with steelpan music can make your wedding a truly mesmerizing Caribbean experience. Music, food and dancing combined with lively colors alongside the bamboo torches of light will surely turn any venue into an island resort.