The music for your reception and your wedding is important for setting the ambiance of your day. While the arrangements for your music should be made far in advance, especially to secure the Band, DJ or Soloist you desire, the steps to smart choices can often be difficult. It isn't often that one schedules music or hires a professional, and so the experience in doing so is not available and the task becomes overwhelming for many a Bride.
Not only is CAISO a professional band with 30 years experience in providing live Caribbean music to the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area, but also the professionals most sought out by the discerning Brides in those areas. The Band is so highly sought after that in the beginning of the year, they opened up their calendar to include more dates to accommodate the demand from Brides. This experience in working on the other side of the entertainment for a Wedding can provide valuable information for a Bride planning her Wedding music. Below are some value tips that should be helpful:
- Time is of the essence when securing a live Band, a DJ, or a Soloist to entertain your guests during the Wedding Ceremony, prior to the Ceremony, or at the Reception. The calendars for these entertainers are very busy, with not only Weddings but other events, so it is important to book them early on to make sure they are available for yours.
- Keep in mind that it is beyond the music you like that should be a consideration. The music is setting the tone for your event. If it is an outdoor summer wedding, then a Caribbean band can be the choice to set the mood correctly. The same can be said for a Bride and Groom wanting to have a joyful reception setting connecting the reception to their honeymoon destination of a tropical location. Also, a small intimate party would be perfect for a soloist or a quartet. This is the perfect background music for a spring morning intimate wedding. Choose the music that will correctly match the tone and feeling you want for your event, then choose the actual music or songs.
- Make sure the Band, DJ, or Soloist you hire has a very comprehensive contract. It should state the date of the event, price, the amount of time they should play, the song list can also be included, and there should be a stipulation about the ability to or not to play longer should your party be so lively that you want them to play longer. The cost of playing longer should be in the contract as well. There should also be notes as to when they should be set up and when breaks should be taken.
- Be open to suggestions from your Band, DJ, or Soloist. It could be they have played at your venue before and can offer suggestions as to where they should set up, and other pointers. Chances are they can offer you ideas that other Brides have used successfully for entrance songs, first dances, etc.
- Some Bands and Soloists welcome the opportunity to share their music with other possible clients. A CD of the music they play at your wedding can be affordably purchased and slipped into a personalized CD cover to give your guests as a parting gift, especially if you allow them to do a bit of advertising on the CD itself. The more advertising for the Band or Soloist then the less the cost should be for you to purchase the CDs. It can not only serve as a gift for guests but can be used to play at pre-wedding events to get your guests familiar with their music and tying events together with your Wedding. It also provides a nice memento for the Bride and Groom to play while on their honeymoon, anniversaries, and romantic evenings.
The music planning is important and hopefully these tips will help you better plan this important part of your Wedding. CAISO would love the opportunity to bring the ultimate live band experience to your wedding. It is simple to contact us and to book us for your wedding. Our years of experience in working with Brides will ensure your choice is the right one when it comes to choosing the best entertainment for your Wedding Event. We welcome the opportunity to work with you and look forward to talking with you, contact us today.