New Year’s is a good time to talk about vision boards. A vision board is a collage of photos and images and a declaration of your dreams, hopes and goals, things that make you feel good and happy. Other names for a vision board are vision map, dream board and treasure map. Here are the steps to creating your very own vision board:
Ponder upon your goals
New year’s is a good time to talk about vision boards. Most of us have a good idea about what we are looking to accomplish in life, what we enjoy doing and what makes us happy. When we are asked what, our thoughts are about a good life, we are hesitant and tend to struggle with an answer. To make sure we are heading in the right direction, and we don’t look back at the past with thoughts such as, “If I could have?”, “if I would have?” or “I should have?” A good idea would be to set aside some time to clear out your mind and identify your goals, passions and dreams and come up with a plan on how to accomplish them. Creating a vision board is a great way to accomplish this.
Ponder about the big questions
Before you begin making your vision board, take some time to think about the following questions….
- What is your definition of a “good life?”
- What makes life valuable, rewarding and beneficial?
- What will you have hoped to have accomplished if you had a few hours or days to live?
Break and divide the big questions
- What recreational activities do you want to know how to do?
- What activities and recreational activities do you want to continue to do?
- What are your career aspirations? And what steps will you take to get there?
- What Is your objective in regards to relationships? This more referring to What kind of person would you like to be with (personality? traits? goals?)
- How do you want to be thought of when you are gone?
Selecting a theme
Now that you have had some time to ponder and think about your goals for this new year, you can decide what you want your vision board to focus on. There really is no right or wrong way to create and design your board because it’s all about you! New year’s is a good time to talk about vision boards.