It’s that time of year again! Time to celebrate the season in style and make some memories to last a lifetime. Few cities celebrate the holidays like Washington DC. So, whether you are spending this holiday season with family or friends, multiple events are scheduled in and around the DC area for all to enjoy. The people of this great city know how to welcome visitors and that is never more evident than during the holidays.
Make sure you try to experience as many of these great attractions as possible:
- The National Christmas Tree - Each night the spectacular tree is lit at 11:00 for all to enjoy!
- Take a Candlelight Tour - Historic homes acting as museums give informative tours by candlelight and enhance the experience with holiday music and treats.
- See Light Displays - All around the Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia areas lights illuminate the night in celebration of the holiday season. They are especially beautiful around the various bodies of water.
- See Gaylord National Resort’s ICE - Hand sculpted and weighing in at 1.5 million pounds, this holiday display is a real jaw-dropper!
- See The Nutcracker - No holiday would be complete without seeing this play steeped in tradition. It is a wonder to see in person!
- See a Toy Train Exhibit - Toy trains are the quintessential holiday treat! Check out an exhibit as they wind through winter scenes with ski slopes and more.
- Go to a Holiday Concert - Few things will get you humming holiday tunes like a concert filled with all the favorites.
- See the National Hanukkah Menorah Lighting Ceremony - On the White House grounds this National Menorah is lit during the eight day Jewish holiday.
- Experience the Scottish Walk Weekend and Boat Parade - Enjoy the beautiful sounds of the Scottish bagpipes during the parade or the boats on the Potomac.
- See a First Night Event - Ring in the New Year with the entire family! Enjoy music, lights, and great fireworks.
Any of these events will make the holidays more special and leave any family with memories for a lifetime.